Thursday, May 9, 2013

Creating the Prospector Skill

As you may or may not know, Dragonquest characters do not fit into a class. One is not a fighter, thief or cleric. You build your character into the various skills or professions you desire.  One could be a ranger and an assassin in Dragonquest if they wanted to choose those skills. 

As I work on the Blood Moon setting one of the skills that will need creating is prospector. The new elemental industry is fueled by those who venture out to discover elemental claims. Does anyone know of  prospector skill that I might adapt for Dragonquest?

4 comments:

  1. Not of the top of my head, father. When I get home, the Aces & Eights RPG had any interesting set up for prospecting and where lodes are located and how they play out. The 2e AD&D Complete Dwarf has a mining section as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey, thanks for the tip Anthony! I don't think I have heard of the Ace & Eights RPG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In depth western RPG by Kenzer Co.

    http://www.kenzerco.com/aces_n_eights/

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's one that's been written up for DragonQuest. I think it was an old Judges Guild publication. From memory it was in Star Silver Quest.

    ReplyDelete

Dungeon World

Of Ireland and the Irish

Of Ireland and the Irish