Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Swords & Wizardry Appreciation Day Post - The Winged Folk Download


Happy Appreciation Day all!
My post is a simple one. I converted the race that made me look into gaming as a hobby. That fateful September day back in 1981 opened the door to a world of imagination and community that I have enjoyed ever since. Those two things have often fueled my joy of living and certainly impacted my decisions in life. While I cannot credit RPG's with the being to source or origin of my vocation, the world I came to know in gaming has certainly shaped my understanding of life and my appreciation of it.

Here are just a few of things I have learned from RPG's.
  1. Life really is a story, what story do I find myself to be in?
  2. It takes friends to fulfill the mission.
  3. The best laid plans can be hampered by bad luck.
  4. Half-assed plans can come together with a bit of daring and good fortune.
  5. There is a real communion that comes about by laughter, cooperation and shared enjoyment.
I am sure I could write more along those line, but my parishioners already know I am too wordy. No need to  inflict such pains upon any of the readers here.  Have a great Appreciation Day, may your adventures be meaningful and your friends plentiful!   The link is at the bottom of this post is a PDF of the arctle and race of Winged Folk adapted for Swords & Wizardry. 
                                                                           Padre


Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing.   Helen Keller

1 comment:

Dungeon World

Of Ireland and the Irish

Of Ireland and the Irish