Monday, March 9, 2015

Stepping into The Strange


Greetings all,
       Last week I ordered a game that is neither OSR inspired nor fantasy.A bit out of my comfort zone and preferred reading/playing, but I have been longing for a good sci-fi game for ages. I read a few reviews on The Strange and it looks interesting. A sci-fi setting that reminds me of a combination of Quantum Leap, Star Gate and Planescsape. It is a modern or near future setting with player acting as agents adventuring into different recursions (think alternate reality spawned by imagination) to accomplish the goals of a particular mission. Exploration, investigation and combat are all part of the game. Just getting into the book, looks promising and I have a a group of young Dr. Who aficionados who are all excited about the concept of the game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon World

Of Ireland and the Irish

Of Ireland and the Irish