- Gathering with your friends and making news ones as you share the common experience of adventuring.
- Engaging your imagination and being able to see other people do the same.
- Getting caught up in the story unfolding at your table and anticipating the next chapter. I really enjoy it when someone asks when we are playing next.
- Laughter a plenty. So many things can prompt laughter in a game, from poor decisions, bad dice rolls, to instantaneous absurdities that no one would have been able to script. Table conversations among the players and interaction among the characters & NPCs can lead to some memorable moments and enduring quotes.
- Characters that are more than just an avatar of the player. I don't mind the avatar/character being played, I suspect that many initially start playing the game that way and only later think of character concepts and different personalities for their characters.
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Reflections on Gaming: Random thoughts
- ▼ 2015 (3)