Wednesday, January 1, 2014

How did I get in the middle of this?


My work on the Blood Moon campaign and setting has often felt like this. Somehow I got trapped in this mess of pipes as I tried to add and clarify more things in the game and setting. That does not mean that I have any intention of giving it up, just that it is taking more time and effort to work out the details then life affords.  The real enemy to my playing has been lack of time, while I tend to be a bare-bones type of planner and like to go with the flow created through the interactions with the players, planning for this "Frankensteined" setting has taken a little more time.
     Here's to hoping that 2014 affords more time and greater exploration of a hobby I truly enjoy. I think one of my goals for this year will be play/run a non-Dragonquest setting game. Right now Dungeon World is looking appealing to play with a group. I may also take another look at The Mutant Epoch. I think a post-apocalyptic setting could be a lot of fun to play again.  It's been a while since I played Gamma World back in the 1980's.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that you should mention Dungeon World. My hometown newspaper featured it in an entertainment article this past Sunday.

    http://www.news-journal.com/features/lifestyle/gamers-go-old-school-in-attempt-to-reclaim-interactive-play/article_73be724e-4622-5cc9-8f66-a228f460b46f.html

    ReplyDelete

Dungeon World

Of Ireland and the Irish

Of Ireland and the Irish