Saturday, August 20, 2016

Out of the basement and onto the internet

Greetings all,
         It's been a while since I have posted, I have done some gaming on and off in the meantime. All of it has been at the  table down in the basement, however it has become increasingly difficult to get all the players together. With some reluctant I have begun exploring the use of Roll20 as a substitute for actual table time.
       Played an on-line game using Roll20 for the first time last night with a group of three players. I am still learning the in and outs of Roll20 but overall I think it may be a good second to actually gaming with friends at the table. My biggest complain about be about maintaining connection to the server, but I am thinking that is more of a service provider issue rather than something caused by Roll20. All of the players were college students and seemed to be pretty comfortable with medium for the game. Some had their own connection and lag issues, but overall the experience was positive.
        The only other issue/complaint I have is that I have to do a lot more prep work then normal. I am guessing that once I have enough random encounter pages and the like made it will become less time consuming. The best part of it all, is more opportunities to game!    ~ Padre

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!
    I haven't used Roll20 yet, but I have heard so many good things about it.

    ReplyDelete

Dungeon World

Of Ireland and the Irish

Of Ireland and the Irish