Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Out in the woods, but not completely gone

Dear readers, (however few that might be)
       Since the major change in life with a new assignment to a rural parish I have not devoted much if any time to gaming. The current projections for future gaming look pretty limited as well. While I doubt the gaming bug will ever leave me, it is pretty much tabled at the moment.  This isn't really news since I have had no post in 4 months.  I do check the various blogs from time to time to see what is stirring in the community, but for the most part my time with technology has given way to a return to nature.
       I am still thinking for ideas for a Western-Steampunkish game using the mechanics of Dragonquest but it is far from fulfillment.  I really feel for my two gaming groups that I had going at the old parish, they were a lot of fun and really some great players.  In time I imagine I may try to carve out some future gaming time, in the mean time know that I am trying to observe the OSR community from afar as time permits.  Until the next posting, peace.
                                                                                  Padre

2 comments:

  1. Hello Padre
    Never doubt that you have readers as I regularly check your blog and Dragonquest Frontiers from time to time.

    The steampunk idea sounds interesting. I've often thought that Dragonquest could use a dark strain in its make-up.

    I was thinking more along the lines of a horror adventure or two myself.

    Be well.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoyed your comments. Come back when you can.

    ReplyDelete

Dungeon World

Of Ireland and the Irish

Of Ireland and the Irish